The Chatwal Hotel
A new star is rising to fame in Manhattan’s Theater District; The Chatwal New York has debuted to rave reviews. This 5 star property is a true boutique, featuring a mere 76 perfectly-designed rooms and suites. Guests seeking a truly intimate experience in the midst of Midtown’s hustle and bustle will be instantly charmed by the Art Deco allure of The Chatwal New York. Paying tribute to a remarkable past, The Chatwal NY, formerly a haunt of many theater legends, transports guests back to the golden age of travel. Guests will relish the touches of romance and elegance of Old New York proudly displayed throughout. Further adoration follows when guests experience the warmth of the plunge pool, Red Door Spa, or the exclusive Lamb’s Club.
With theaters and the flashy, fast-paced Times Square only moments from their door, The Chatwal New York is in the action without being immediately on top of it. Proximity to the shops on Madison and Fifth Avenues invites guests to indulge in a shopping spree before heading out to see the latest show.
At The Chatwal New York, savor:
• Take the plunge in the plunge pool, offering soothing hot therapy
• A luxurious treatment in Red Door Spa, featuring steam showers, relaxation lounge and plunge pool
• Modern American cuisine in an exclusive venue, The Lambs Club Restaurant
• A premium cocktail with a view at Bar at The Lamb’s Club
The Stage is Set on 44th
Every detail has been carefully crafted to create a memorable stay, reminiscent of 1930’s Art Deco design, in each guestroom. Custom handmade Shifman mattresses are enveloped in 400 thread count Frette linens. This tactile retreat features suede-covered walls, leather wrapped double closets, and a private bar boasting bespoke cocktail sets, custom Chatwal playing cards and backgammon sets.
Bathrooms gleam with black marble and chrome sinks; they feature either raindrop showers, or a combination of Jacuzzi tubs and raindrop showers. Select rooms feature French doors opening onto a spacious, radiant-heated, fully furnished terrace.
In the Front Row at The Chatwal New York
Seamlessly blending glamour and drama with the classic essence of the 1930s, it is easy to see why The Chatwal New York is a rising star in the Theater District. Unforgettable guestrooms, premium amenities, and an exciting location make this a hard hotel to top. The show must go on, so call today and reserve your “seat” at The Chatwal New York!
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located in the heart of Manhattan’s Midtown West, on West 44th Street, walking distance from Rockefeller Center, Broadway, and Times Square
- 40 minutes driving time (approximately 19 miles) from JFK International Airport
- 25 - 30 minutes driving time (approximately 9 miles) from LaGuardia Airport
- 35 minutes driving time (approximately 17 miles) from Newark Liberty International Airport
130 West 44th Street
New York, New York