The Peninsula New York
From the outside, The Peninsula New York is the quintessential New York hotel; a 1905 Beaux Arts masterpiece whose history spans more than a century. At first, the interior is just what one would imagine; elaborate floral arrangements, high ceilings, and striking architecture. However, guests are in for a surprise when they visit the peaceful sun-lit pool, the chic Salon de Ning, or the unparalleled fitness center. These contemporary facilities seem to belong to another hotel entirely, and yet are perfectly combined with the elegance of the 5 star Peninsula New York.
Shoppers rejoice! A prime location on 55th at Fifth means that all the best shopping is just outside the door. Central Park is minutes away, as are the theaters of Broadway, Rockefeller Center and the lights of Times Square.
At The Peninsula New York, indulge in:
• A leisurely paddle in the tranquil, glass-enclosed pool
• Mediterranean-inspired cuisine at sensational Fives Restaurant & Bar
• A Manhattan must; the Peninsula Afternoon Tea in The Gotham Lounge
• The flavor of the Orient; rooftop lounge and bar Salon de Ning offers outdoor terraces furnished with Chinese-style daybeds
• A fitness center that must be seen to be believed; sunlight floods the space, illuminating gleaming hardwoods and the latest in fitness equipment
• An unforgettable treatment in The Peninsula Spa by ESPA
The Peninsula New York Invites You to Sleep In
After attaining Nirvana in The Peninsula Spa, there is no better place to retire than a whisper-quiet guestroom at The Peninsula New York. Featuring double-glazed windows, a room at The Peninsula NYC eliminates city noise, proving guests with a serene space to rest after a busy and fun-filled day. The contemporary décor is refined and understated; classy, but not flashy.
Beds are dressed with Fili D’oro linens and duvets; plump, crisp, and waiting to welcome weary travelers, a bed at The Peninsula New York is an experience in itself. Guests need not leave the comfort of their bed; a bedside control panel allows guests to regulate room temperature, television, lighting, and the “do not disturb” sign on the door.
What Memories Will You Make at The Peninsula New York?
Memories will be made at The Peninsula New York. Whether it is the massage of a lifetime in the incredible Peninsula Spa, or a picture-perfect Afternoon Tea in The Gotham Lounge, guests will remember The Peninsula New York.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Ideally located on Fifth Avenue at 55th Street, The Peninsula New York is conveniently situated in midtown Manhattan's most prestigious neighborhood within walking distance to Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall
- 35 - 40 minutes driving time (approximately 18 miles) from JFK International Airport
- 25 - 30 minutes driving time (approximately 9 miles) from LaGuardia Airport
- 35 - 40 minutes driving time (approximately 18 miles) from Newark Liberty International Airport
700 Fifth Avenue at 55th Street
New York, New York